One of my favorite Autodesk presenters, Angel Espinoza, shared some insight into improving the quality of Aerial Images from models built using the Autodesk InfraWorks 360 Model Builder. I found this information so helpful, I thought I would share the 4 Steps to Improving Aerial Image Quality in InfraWorks 360.
Within InfraWorks 360, the source for the Satellite Imagery is Bing Maps. When utilized, it is automatically draped on top of the terrain. The default resolution is a “Tile Level” at (17) 1.1943 meter per pixel and can be brought up to (19) 0.2986 meters per pixel.
To Edit the Resolution Quality...
- Click on the orange "I" button to expand the menu, then click on the Data Sources button to open the panel
- From the Data Source panel, browse down to the Ground Imagery
- Double click on the Imagery Source, to open the Data Source Configuration dialog box
- Select the Raster tab, and from the Bing Maps drop down, select the desired resolution
Additionally, there is a NEW feature (only available in the 2016 R2), which would allow you to add Bing Imager to your older InfraWorks models or any manually created models by following these steps:
- From the Data Sources panel, click on “Add Database as Data Source”
- From the dialog box, select Bing Maps from the drop down menu
- Select the resolution (Tile Level) to be assigned to the connection
I hope this helps you create the best visual display of your designs with the highest quality imagery. Subscribe to The Industry, now, to follow my blogs on all things Infrastructure and more.
If you need additional technical support, you can access the Advanced Solutions team by clicking here: