Introduction to FEA product training is no substitute for receiving hands-on coaching in best-practices or being given valuable tips to avoid common mistakes. Therefore, Advanced Solutions will be offering a unique simulation event, Mastering FEA: A Simulation Workshop with Vince Adams, author of Building Better Products with Finite Element Analysis.
Attendees, of this all-day event, will be given expert tips on best practices and applications to help make every engineer successful with simulation. After this workshop, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How can I determine if I have over-constrained my model?
- Do my loads really represent real-world behavior?
- Part or assembly?
- What is the best CAD model to start with? Can I over-simplify?
- When should I use Shells, Beams, Plane Stress or Axisymmetry?
- Do I need linear or non-linear?
- What result quantity is important for my material? My design criteria?
- Can I trust my results?
- Should I consider dynamic effects?
This is your chance to learn from the Master of Simulation. Vince Adams has been a consultant, instructor, and advocate for finite element analysis (FEA) in product design for over 20 years. He has written 3 books on the subject, including the popular Building Better Products with Finite Element Analysis, as well as numerous articles for Desktop Engineering and Design News magazines. Vince has been an invited speaker and instructor with engagements all over the United States, as well as in Europe, South Africa, and Asia.
This CAD-independent, FREE workshop focuses on expert tips to make every engineer successful with simulation using finite element analysis (FEA). The course agenda is full of valuable simulation topics and will be as follows:
- 8:00 - 8:30am Check-In & Continental Breakfast (provided by Advanced Solutions)
- 8:30 - 8:45am Introductions & Agenda Review
- 8:45 - 9:30am Key Concepts & Definitions
- 9:30 - 11:00am Problem Definition & Asking the “Question”
- 11:00 - 11:30am Answering the “Question”
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Lunch (provided by Advanced Solutions)
- 12:00 - 1:00pm CAD for FEA
- 1:00 - 2:30pm Advanced Boundary Conditions
- 2:30 - 2:45pm Afternoon Coffee Break
- 2:45 - 3:15pm Material Properties
- 3:15 - 4:30pm Failure Analysis
- 4:30 - 5:00pm Nonlinear and Dynamic Analysis
- 5:00 - 5:15pm Correlating Analysis to Test
- 5:15 - 5:30pm Wrap Up and Questions
The workshop will be held on January 19th from 8:00am until 5:30pm at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Click here to find out more about this event and to register for the workshop. Seating is limited, so you'll want to reserve your spot, today!
Advanced Solutions offers ongoing complimentary educational opportunities open to the Manufacturing, Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Infrastructure industries. For more information on this and other events, click here...