Tagged with BIM 360 Field, Building information modeling, BIM 360 Glue, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk 360, Recap, Autodesk Navisworks, Architecture, Engineering & Construction, Building Design Suite, AEC, 3ds Max, BIM 360, BIM, Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD, Autodesk Subscription, News & Events, Autodesk ReCap, A360, A360 Collaboration for Revit, 3ds Max Design, VDC
The Ohio State University started requiring Building Information Modeling (BIM) on projects this year. Ohio State knows, as the building industry evolves, working within a fully engaged BIM project team becomes imperative to the lifecycle of a building.
On September 23rd, you'll be able to meet the team of industry experts responsible for the development of OSU's BIM Standards at the Partnering with Owners on BIM luncheon.
Tagged with Building information modeling, American Institute of Architects, AIA, facilities management, collaboration, Architecture, Engineering & Construction, AEC, architecture, BIM 360, BIM, Advanced Solutions, News & Events, construction, Autodesk, engineering, Ohio State University, Messer Construction, CannonDesign, LEED, OSU
Just as the introduction of BIM into the Architecture and Engineering industry revolutionized building design, its introduction into the Construction industry has revolutionized the building coordination process. Tools such as Navisworks and BIM 360 allow for coordination and clash detection of all building projects, whether they be large or small, commercial or industrial. The question is... What do you do when the Architects, Engineers, and project site are all in different locations?
Tagged with Autodesk 360, Autodesk Navisworks, Architecture, Engineering & Construction, AEC, Autodesk Certified Instructor, Cloud Computing, educational series, BIM 360, PILOT, BIM, Navisworks, construction, Autodesk, education
Constructware is “software as a service” product similar to the BIM 360 suite of products. It lives in the cloud, thereby eliminating back-ups and new software installations. Upkeep and maintenance are all taken care of as part of the license fee. It is available immediately to the licensee.
Constructware is the best software package available in the field of construction project management. It is an advanced tool that is valuable to most types of building construction. It features document management, risk management, and cost management. All information is available to all licensed users. Additionally, information can be sent out of Constructware by email to anyone. Companies can also share documents via a public folder, although the folders themselves are managed by a set of user permissions. The immediate access to every facet of the project allows for better and faster decisions, thereby streamlining the whole construction and cost-management enterprise.
The accessibility of all information about a project is one of the features that makes this software so useful and important to the entire project management team. It eliminates islands of proprietary information. It is easy to learn and easy to use: if you can use a web browser, you can use Constructware.
Hey! You! Get off of My Cloud!
You may not realize it, but if you use a computer or a smartphone, you probably already use the cloud. Applications like Dropbox, Pandora, Netflix, Spotify and Evernote all take advantage of cloud computing and provide not only a wealth of content, but flexibility and mobility to the end user. The basic idea behind the cloud is that, instead of delivering data and content directly to the user, the user is being brought to a centralized source for data and content.
Let’s take a look at the advantages of working in the cloud.
- First, the cloud provides access to unlimited computing power. Need information on a particular subject? Let Google or Wikipedia help find the answer. Need to generate a rendering or do some analysis of your latest building project? Autodesk has a solution to help you with that.
- If you work in the cloud, you can share and access your data anyplace. Stuck in an airport with time to kill? You can work on that proposal saved to the team Dropbox account or login to Netflix and watch a movie.
- Web based applications are always up to date. If you are running an application from the cloud, it is constantly updated as the developer adds features of fixes bugs. No need to download updates or install new versions.
- Web applications are platform independent. Your data can be access from your PC at work, your Mac at home, your smartphone or tablet.
- Finally, cloud applications and data is safer. Hosting applications and data remotely in the cloud provides greater level of security from viruses, malware, spyware and hardware failure.
Tagged with BIM 360 Field, Building information modeling, BIM 360 Glue, Cloud, Subscription, Autodesk 360, Engineering & Construction, AEC, architecture, BIM 360, BIM, Technology, Glue, Advanced Solutions, construction, Autodesk, engineering, Field, Dropbox
Tell The Reader More
The headline and subheader tells us what you're offering, and the form header closes the deal. Over here you can explain why your offer is so great it's worth filling out a form for.
- Bullets are great
- For spelling out benefits and
- Turning visitors into leads.